17 Places to Your Market Pet Friendly Business
Today I stumbled upon an article by Will Reynolds, How being pet friendly became a link building opportunity. Ive been meaning to write this post for a while but Wills post prompted me to get my act together.
As a marketer I am always looking for opportunities and it always surprises me how sometimes you stumble across ones you never thought of. A couple of months ago we adopted a rescue puppy from the RSPCA and on our first weekend out the weather turned awful, so we decided to visit a pub instead. The wife pulled out her phone and searched for dog friendly pubs. Google returned some interesting results - sites I hadnt even realised existed! The results were niche business directories offering dog owners and their canine friends places to eat and stay.
Increased rankings and traffic
Hotels and B&Bs seem to get it, but its surprising how many dog friendly pubs and restaurants there are that dont - some dont even mention it on their own website. If thats you, youre missing out. If your business is pet or dog friendly you should consider registering on these sites. Youll get relevant business citations, which will help to increase your local search rankings, but more importantlyВ theyre going to send you potential customers.
17 Dog and Pet Friendly Sites
Most of the sites below are free to list your business, but there are a few that require compensation or allow you to upgrade for a small fee.
- Doggie Pubs promotes pubs nationwide and allows visitors to rate listings. Free listings includes full NAP (Name, Address and Phone number) and link, plus they are included in their mobile app.
- Dog Friendly UK looks like it could be a new venture. Listings include full NAP, but youll need to pay for a link submit here.
- Pubsulike is a well established and comprehensive site covering UK and includes a dog friendly category. Listings include full NAP and a link submit here.
- Dugs n Pubs mainly covers pubs in Scotland but does have a small section of English pubs. Listings include NAP only submit here.
- Dog Friendly Britain is packed full of places that welcome dogs. Listings include a partial NAP and a redirected no followed link submit here.
- Pets Allowed covers the UK and Ireland. Listings include a full NAP and link submit here.
- Pubs.com is another comprehensive site and includes a dog friendly section. Listings include NAP and link looks like you need to contact them to be listed.
- The London Dog Forum is a community for dog owners in and around London and includes a section for dog friendly restaurants, cafes and bars. Listings include NAP and link email them to be listed.
- The Good Dog Guide is another community site covering the UK and Ireland. Free business listings include NAP but youll have to pay ВЈ10 per year for a link.
- Dog People is a well established site covering the UK. Listings include NAP and link strangely submission is via printable forms.
- Rover Recommends is one of the biggest sites in this list. It offers businesses a free listing with full NAP and a followed link В submit here.
- Cool Places isnt specifically designed for dog owners but they do have a dog friendly section. Listings include NAP and link В submit here.
- The RUFF Guide offersВ dog owners a good mix of hotels, pubs, inns and bed & breakfastВ establishments through the UK. Listings include NAP and link submit here.
- Dog Friendly Suffolk offers reviews on dog friendly pubs in Suffolk only. Listings include NAP and a link, but theres no clear process for submission. Id suggest you contact them through the feedback form.
- The Woof Guide promotes businesses in Pembrokeshire. Listings include full NAP and website URL mention (no link) contact them to be included.
- Yorkshire offers some fantastic walks andВ Dog Walks Yorkshire covers places to stay and eat. Advertising on the site isnt free, but you do get full NAP and a link.
Cough:В Do you have an outside area where customers can eat or drink? If you do, its probably worth you allowing dogs too. Think of all those extra customers!
Finally dont forget to optimise your site
It amazes me how many pubs and restaurants weve been to since that dont mention theyre dog friendly.В There are tens of thousands of searches each month in Google for dog friendly businesses, for example 2,900 searches for dog friendly pubs and over 8,000 for dog friendly hotels.В If youre a pet friendly business, let your website visitors and the search engines know by including some information on your homepage. Adding this information will help your search rankings, generate additional search traffic and hopefully attract some new customers.
Share this post